Kforce has a client that is seeking a Software Engineer in San Jose, CA.Summary:As software consultant, you will be interacting with software engineers, network/system operations staff, network/system architects to keep our service relevance in the market place in the fast moving and quickly evolving networking industry. Proactive technology research, software development, problem solving mindset, developing next generation network architecture using modern networking technology (e.g., Software Defined Networking) and providing production deployable solutions are key functions of the team.
- 10+ years of hands on software development experience including design, development, debugging and support, building scalable software systems and software infrastructure
- Experience with programming languages (Java, Python,Go) and software debugging tools ( jdb, jmx)
- In-depth understanding of scale out infrastructure, distributed systems and web services technologies
- Experienced in designing and applying data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented concepts to solve challenging problems
- Experience working with ODL, REST, RESTCONF and RPC services and other client/server models
- Building and delivering mission critical, 24x7 production quality software systems
- Transforming the monolithic software systems into micro service-oriented software systems
- Experience in Linux environments with Linux automation scripting and/ or software development (Ansible, Python, Bash)
- Experience with Linux networking & virtualization environments/technologies (KVM, containers) and container scheduling/management platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Open Source tools development, implementation, and/or collaboration experience
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to analyze and implement enhancements to existing applications/code
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."