Kforce has a client seeking a Site Reliability Engineer in San Diego, CA.Summary:As a member of the Commerce Reliability Engineering team, you will carry the responsibility of keeping our commerce and payment platform available, resilient and high-performing, while continually enabling our service teams to deliver new and exciting product and technical features. Our team strives to iteratively learn, improve and automate our processes every single day, which continually raises the bar for operational excellence within our organization. As a senior level engineer, you will be expected to be a technical leader on our team, helping identify and proactivity drive improvements in both process and technology.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical subject area
- 7+ years of relevant work experience in a high-volume and/or critical production, software environment
- 7+ years of hands on software engineering or supporting/maintaining software systems experience (Java and/or C++ services)
- 5+ years hands-on AWS experience; Integrating, developing and managing applications
- 3+ years of experience with building automation into daily operational processes through one or more programming languages (preferably Python or Go)
- Strong experience in configuring, tuning and automating operational responsibilities for AWS managed data services including RDS, DynamoDB and ElastiCache
- Experience with monitoring and log management tools (i.e., DataDog, CloudWatch, Splunk)
- Experience with container technologies and orchestration (i.e., Docker, Kubernetes, EKS, Fargate)
- Hands-on experience in triaging and tuning Java cloud applications with integration into AWS managed services
- Solid understanding of AWS networking systems and protocols (i.e., ALB, R53, API-Gateway, TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, DNS)
- Experience with developing or supporting Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment pipelines (CI/CD)
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."