Kforce has a client that is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant in Washington, DC. Summary:This role will be responsible for monitoring daily cash activities and balances, preparing daily cash flow reports for senior management, ensuring transactions posted to both cash and clearing G/L accounts, performing bank reconciliations, interfacing with the bank directly to clarify adjustments, preparing covenant reporting, and preparing state and local income tax returns.
- Bachelor's degree majoring in Accounting
- 3-7 years of experience in an accounting, treasury or finance environment
- Minimum of 2 years of tax experience
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Current work experience with financial and accounting systems (NetSuite, Oracle, Intacct or similar applications)
- Knowledge of multi-entity accounting systems
- Knowledge of financial statements and analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong planning, organizational, critical thinking, interpersonal, analytical, and lateral thinking skills with attention to detail
- Strong background in MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing deadlines
- Ability to work in a dynamic and rapid growth environment
- Ability to work both in a team environment and independently
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."