Kforce's client, a growing Defense and Aerospace company in Phoenix, Arizona (AZ) is seeking a few Principal and Senior Principal FPGA Design Engineers nationwide willing to relocate to Arizona. Once again, these positions are in Arizona. Must be willing to relocate. We are working with the Hiring Managers. A full relocation package is provided.This role is currently 100% remote and will switch back to office environment when COVID-19 ramps down.Overview:The Principal Electrical Engineer will develop FPGA designs for all major vendors and device families including: Xilinx, Altera, Lattice, and Microsemi. Designs are implemented using VHDL and support the following type of applications: gigabit serial interfaces, Radio Frequency (RF) and Electro-Optical (EO) Digital Signal Processing (DSP), control loops, data links, embedded processing, and processor interfaces. As a configurable logic designer, you will work with circuit card designers (PCB) and systems engineers to develop requirements, select parts, architect the device, perform code development, simulations, and place and route. Designs are verified against requirements using both directed test and constrained random methodologies and are supported from requirements definition through integration and test, and eventually production. Configuration management of the design is maintained throughout the entire design process.
- BSEE or similar field required
- A minimum of 7-15+ years of relevant FPGA Digital Design experience
- Ability to apply advanced digital design knowledge and principles to complex designs
- Proficient at using a hardware description language such as VHDL, Verilog, or System Verilog
- Proficient with FPGA timing constraints and timing closure
- Proficient with digital toolsets and backend vendor tools
- Proficient with a software or scripting language
- Ability to take a design from concept to production
- Ability to collaborate and work with other disciplines
- Ability to solve integration issues and determine root cause
- Cross discipline knowledge such as software, digital signal processing, etc.
- Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Experience with embedded systems design utilizing Microblaze, NIOS, and ARM processors
- Digital Signal Processing and simulation using MATLAB or equivalent
- Experience applying fixed-point analysis and conversion of floating point algorithms
- Knowledge of encryption/decryption standards such as AES, RSA, ECC, etc.
- Knowledge of industry standard interfaces and protocols such as AXI, PCIe, SPI, I2C, etc.
- Integration experience with FPGA based systems
- Knowledge of ASIC design flow and process
- Familiarity with advanced verification techniques
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."