Kforce has a client in McLean, VA that is seeking a Senior Accountant.Summary:The candidate will be responsible for preparing journal entries, conducting account analysis, preparing various complex reconciliations and schedules, supporting consolidated and statutory audits, maintaining process documentation and procedures for assigned functions, and developing new ways to eliminate manual processes.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university with a major in Accounting or Finance
- At least three years of demonstrated accounting experience (at least 1 year of public accounting required)
- Familiarity with U.S Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), SEC and other accounting and reporting standards
- Proficiency with computer applications, such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Excellent written and oral communication skills along with presentation skills required
- A self-starter with strong motivation, initiative and ability to work independently or collaboratively to meet deadlines
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."