- Burlington, MA
Kforce is working with a software company in Burlington, Massachusetts (MA) on their search for a Senior Accountant. You'll work in a collaborative and inclusive environment and be responsible for analyzing and accounting for complex accounting transactions including business combinations, debt, leases, intangible asset impairment, and stock-based compensation. This person will work closely on internal and external reporting, including SEC filings, and will also work closely with the general accounting team and assist in close related activities in technical areas, including recording journal entries and performing account reconciliations. Job Responsibilities
- Assist with SEC filings of 10-Q and 10K, press releases and other internal reporting.
- Research of accounting issues and new accounting pronouncements as well as create, modify and implement accounting policies.
- Establish new procedures to improve and reduce closing cycles.
- Take ownership of activities including general on- going accounting, reporting and analysis as it relates to primary responsibilities and special assignments.
- Perform balance sheet and income statement variance analysis, stock compensation valuation and calculations, be involved with the XBRL tagging review, and develop and maintain process documentation supporting key functions.
- Bachelor's in Business Administration (Accounting preferred)
- 3+ years related experience in accounting with SEC filings (10-Q and 10K)
- Solid understanding of GAAP, financial statements and accounting theory
Back to top