Kforce has a client in search of a Senior Principal Mechanical Engineer with Solid Rocket Motor Nozzle design experience in Modesto, CA. We are working directly with the Hiring Manager.Key Tasks:
- Candidate will be responsible to requirements as it pertains to environmental loading and flow down to mechanical sub-systems, putting forth and leading the mechanical architecture of a product, leading the design phase enabling early cycles of learning, establishing critical design elements and processes, leading the delivery of the Tech Data Package (TDP), influence integration & qualification plans and model correlation, and maintain the design integrity during the production sustainment life cycle
- This position will focus on design, analysis, fabrication, integration and testing of solid rocket motor nozzles; The candidate will be expected to effectively present their work in program and business unit reviews and to provide expert counseling and mentoring; The selected candidate will be expected to lead diverse teams, providing technical oversight to a team often comprised of cross functional disciplines, leveraging their network of Subject Matter Experts
- Will perform a variety of design tasks in support of the engineering and manufacturing organizations; They will develop solutions to a variety of complex problems using established precedents and policies for guidance; The senior level designer will use Computer Aided Design (CAD) systems to prepare mechanical design layouts, detail and assembly drawings and models (including but not limited to packaging, mechanisms, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering
- Minimum of ten (10) years of mechanical design experience in solid rocket motors
- Expert experience of CREO Parametric (Pro/Engineer) solid modeling CAD tool and expert using Windchill data management (PDM) tool
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in
- Conceptual, developmental, and production design phases
- Basic principles, theories and concepts for creation and preparation of engineering design documentation
- Ability to identify and correct design, model, or drawing errors/omissions/deficiencies and recommend corrective actions or improvements
- Expert knowledge with the ability to perform complex tasks such as preparation of all types of detail drawings, large assemblies, castings or other preforms, interface drawings, various layouts for design concepts, and many other high level tasks
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) expert and perform first order tolerance analysis
- Experience with leading teams and projects and demonstrates leadership skills
- Applicants must be fully authorized to work in the U.S. without sponsorship
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities from multiple sources
- Demonstrated ability to put forth and drive technical execution plans
- Experience with and presenting to FRB, ERB, CCB, MRB, PCB, PMAB, etc.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; ability to learn and use internal tools
- Effective interpersonal, communication and networking skills, ability to work well with others including customers and suppliers
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."