Kforce has a client in search of a Mortgage Underwriter in Fairfield, NJ.
- Minimum of two years of recent retail underwriting experience
- Minimum of two years of Encompass Experience
- Knowledge of Desktop Underwriter
- Knowledge of conventional and/or government guidelines, federal lending regulations governing real estate lending
- Must show a strong capacity to address credit related issues, title, appraisal, and compliance
- Familiarity with Secondary Market requirements
- Thorough understanding of credit and an ability to review complex financial documents
- Ability to underwrite self-employed borrowers, tax returns, business returns, etc.
- Flexibility to work extended hours during heavy workload periods
- Ability to make credit recommendations
- Ability to meet production, quality and service standards along with providing direct coaching and feedback to ensure quality
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volume environment, while practicing sound lending judgment
- Conventional and FHA experience required (applicant must have a CHUMS)
- Maintain current and fluid knowledge of investor and agency guidelines; Must have experience working with multiple investors; VA and USDA experience a plus
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."