Kforce has a client in search of a Mechanical Engineer in Scottsdale, AZ.Summary:The Mechanical Engineer will perform mechanical packaging design and analysis of space flight electronics units. You will generate mechanical fabrication drawings, assembly drawings, interface control documents, and procedures as required across various products and programs. Maintenance and revision of engineering drawings, parts lists, and procedures will be performed accurately and expediently in a fast pace work environment.You should have a good working knowledge of dynamics and thermal effects and be capable of performing basic structural and thermal analysis/hand calculations to ensure critical electronic components will survive the required operational and test environments. The candidate will design basic fixtures and tooling required to facilitate manufacturing and integration of products. We also need you to have experience supporting vibration, shock, and thermal vacuum testing. Job requires good verbal and written communication skills, working in a team environment, to ensure projects are executed quickly and accurately.
- Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering degree
- Knowledge and experience with electronics packaging or similar experience
- Knowledge and experience working with 3D CAD and Simulation software (SolidWorks experience is preferred)
- Understanding and application of GD&T and tolerancing practices and implementation on drawings
- Understanding and experience with Stress and Thermal Analysis. Experience with application of Steinberg component fatigue methodologies is preferred
- Understanding of documentation/configuration management best practices
- Understanding and experience with manufacturing, machining and fabrication best practices; Experience with electronics manufacturing and soldering practices is preferred
- Understanding and experience with adhesives, bondings, and coatings is preferred
- Basic understanding of electrical engineering concepts is preferred
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."