Kforce has a client seeking a Floor Operations Engineer in Cary, NC.Summary:Your primary responsibility is to ensure GNOSC (Government Network Operations and Security Center) customers receive professional service and prompt response to their needs. You will support the 24x7 Floor Operations/Service Desk function for our managed network services customers - this means initiating and working Incident Management tickets, responding to trouble calls/emails from customers and doing network surveillance as assigned by the shift lead.
- Experience dealing with customer service requests via phone/email, trouble isolation/problem resolution, and operating under service level agreements
- Hands-on experience in a NOC environment with Cisco or Juniper routers and LAN switches
- Understanding of networking protocols such as IPVPN, IP, MPLS, OSPF, EIGRP, BGP and IPSec
- Solid understanding of IPv4 and basic familiarity with IPv6
- Experience with network management and performance analysis tools
- Good understanding of DNS, NTP, Firewalls, ACLs
Kforce is a professional staffing services firm offering Technology and Finance & Accounting jobs with top employers nationwide. We specialize in providing contract, contract-to-hire and direct placement opportunities, with over 50 years of experience in the staffing industry. Kforce offers many consultants comprehensive benefits depending on employment status, including medical, dental, 401(K), life insurance and disability. Our vision is to be "the firm most respected by those we serve."