Software Engineering Manager
- Flexible / Remote
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will fight beside you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking for an experienced and technical Software Engineering Manager to lead one of our development teams. Our managers all have strong backend software engineering experience. Our engineering managers are responsible for everything from team process and organization, to performance and career growth of their team members, to high-level technical contributions to their teams' projects.
We’re small enough that every employee receives a healthy amount of equity and the chance to have a significant impact on technical process and company culture, but large enough that we’ve established product-market fit, so our engineers can focus their energy on scaling our platform to keep up with the growth of the business.
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to take ownership of significant technical areas across the entire stack by tackling complex analytical problems across a large data set in a tech-centric company.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Manage the agile development process for a cross-functional team to predictably deliver value to the business.
- Ensure the team is continuously improving, learning from mistakes, and taking actions to prevent them in the future
- Drive team ownership and accountability by ensuring the team has all the resources they need to understand the business and customer context of their work, scope a solution, forecast delivery, and execute on their plans
- Ensure your team is asking the right questions about software design, cost-benefit tradeoffs and compromises, performance optimization, software release, and feature maintenance
- Contributes technically to their team by providing feedback on implementation paths, assisting with triaging and debugging, actings as a translation layer between technical and non-technical peers, and direct contributions to the code base when needed
- Manage the performance, career development, and engagement of your team through feedback and regular 1:1s
- Drives talent acquisition in conjunction with HR and engineering leadership to ensure your team has the staff and skills needed to accomplish its goals
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- 8+ years experience developing software
- 4+ years experience as a manager or technical leader of a software engineering team.
- BS in computer science or computer engineering
- Experience interviewing and recruiting software engineers.
- Experience with agile software development methodologies and coaching teams on execution and adoption of those methodologies
- Experience managing teams developing SaaS productsExcellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience communicating with stakeholders and customers in the lifecycle of a technology product or project.
- Experience working in distributed teams with a great deal of autonomy.
- An understanding of the pace of a startup (and the excitement to jump into it).
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- At Kenna you can enjoy the following:Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Life/Work Balanced Hours
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Back to top