- Flexible / Remote
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will support you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
We’re looking for an engineer to jump into developing new and improving existing features with an eye towards a well-tested, secure and performant product. If you’re comfortable in working within a highly autonomous, agile, and iterative software development process; Kenna might be the fit for you! This position is an opportunity for an engineer to join a growing engineering team and contribute to the maintenance, expansion, and scale of the Kenna platform. Engineers are expected to take ownership of technical problems, craft solutions to complex problems, and craft code that meets our internal standards for maintainability and best practices. Our applications are widely used across the industry and your work will be used by millions of people every month.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Develop features and improvements to the Kenna platform in a secure, well-tested, and performant way
- Ensure the quality of delivered software by ensuring adherence to testing best practices
- Solve technical problems of moderate scope and complexity within both front-end and back-end technologies.
- Work collaboratively on a cross functional team within a highly agile, iterative software development process
- Recognize impediments to our efficiency as a team ("technical debt"), propose and implement solutions
- Advocate for and prioritize projects to improve maintainability and scalability
- Balance good design principles with delivering features for our users
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- 3+ years experience specializing in full stack development, website and web applications.
- Experience using React.js to create responsive UIs that are compatible with a range of browsers.
- Strong Ruby and/or Go experience with security expertise or interest.
- A solid understanding in core web and browser concepts (eg. how the browser parses and constructs a web page)
- Knowledge of Git and comfortability using the command line.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company.
- The ability to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment on a cross functional team.
- Strong analytic, written and verbal communication skills
- BS in CS, CE or related field preferred OR equivalent experience
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Back to top