HR Business Partner
- Chicago, IL
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
Reporting to the Vice President of HR, this position provides strategic and hands on guidance and support to Kenna Security managers and employees. Will be responsible for managing HR activities as well as programs implemented in close collaboration with the Vice President of HR. The overall objective is to support the team in key responsibility areas: Company policies, Employee Relations, Compensation, Employee and Organizational Development and Benefits. This person will assist in the creation, coordination and execution of HR initiatives and programs. Must be able to communicate effectively and respond to the needs and questions of employees in a timely manner and builds strong relationships with various members of the organization.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Serves as a consultant to management and employees on human resources programs and plan offerings.
- Manages our HRIS system including updating the system, preparing reporting and data analytics for the VP of HR.
- Partners with VP of HR with a focus on employee experience, engagement, and retention.
- Participates in exit interviews to provide ongoing analysis and trending and retention analytics
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; monitoring adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Monitors HR processes for effectiveness and makes recommendations for streamlining process.
- Provides oversight to our HR Generalists in the areas of Onboarding, Offboarding, HRIS and employee relations matters.
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or related field. PHR certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in Human Resources with steady progression and experience in multi HR disciplines. Experience in SaaS organizations desirable but not required.
- Must have strong HRIS experience and has been a subject matter expert on the design, HR reporting, workflow, and transactional entries. Experience with Paylocity highly desirable.
- Experience supporting employees in multiple locations.
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, and listening skills are a must.
- Must have strong knowledge of Federal, IL and CA employment laws and regulations.
- Must be able to act in an ethical manner and maintain highly confidential information.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Life/Work Balanced Hours
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Back to top