Front End Principal Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
We’re looking for an engineer to jump into developing new and improving existing features with an eye towards a well-tested, secure and performant product. If you’re comfortable in working within a highly autonomous, agile, and iterative software development process; Kenna might be the fit for you!
This position is an opportunity for an engineer to join a growing engineering team and contribute to the maintenance, expansion, and scale of the Kenna platform. Engineers are expected to take ownership of technical problems, craft solutions to complex problems, and craft code that meets our internal standards for maintainability and best practices. Our applications are widely used across the industry and your work will be used by millions of people every month.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will support you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Create and maintain the Front End architecture, collaborate with engineering teams on its implementation, and develop a path for migrating existing functionality to that architecture
- Ensure the quality of delivered software by ensuring adherence to testing best practices
- Develop, maintain, and evangelize front end development best practices and ensure that they are followed across the engineering organization
- Be responsible for the deployment and optimization of Front End code, working with systems engineers as needed to improve processes
- Work collaboratively on a cross functional team to lead and contribute to the release of new features
- Mentor senior engineers and provide feedback on proposed application and feature architecture
- Evaluate web standards and ensure that the team adopts standards that make a meaningful impact on the application
- Advocate for and prioritize projects to improve maintainability and scalability
- Balance good design principles with delivering features for our users
- Creating performance expectations and standards for the front end, ensuring adoption across the engineering organization, and creating a framework to monitor for adherence
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- 7+ years of hands-on experience with Front End development
- 3+ years leading Front End application design and development
- Experience successfully leading the migration of Enterprise SaaS applications from a legacy Front End stack to modern architectures
- 4+ years experience using React.js to create responsive UIs that are compatible with a range of browsers
- Experience building frontend testing and automation systems for unit tests, integration tests, regression tests, and user acceptance tests.
- Comfortable working in an agile scrum environment on a cross-functional team that is shipping features
- Excels at interacting with RESTful APIs and is confident interacting with server-side technologies
- Strong analytic, teamwork, and collaboration skills to lead discussions and help the team reach consensus
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of being successful in a remote working environment
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Back to top