Cloud Data Platform Architect
- Flexible / Remote
NOTE: Kenna will not consider or accept resumes from external recruiters for this job posting. Kenna will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Kenna Security is revolutionizing cyber risk with a SaaS-based platform that uses data science to combine vulnerability data with exploit intelligence to measure risk, predict attacks and prioritize remediation. We are leading the way in helping enterprises reduce their risk while increasing their efficiency and preventing attacks. Kenna Security was recently named one of the top 10 hottest start-ups and named to the Inc. 500 fastest growing companies list.
There are a lot of security companies out there, but no one is doing what Kenna is doing: giving our customers the ability to measure their risk landscape and truly protect their environments from the ever-present threat of a breach. As a result, we’re seeing phenomenal growth as some of the top companies in the world flock to our platform. We have solid venture funding, an astonishing team who will support you to accomplish the impossible, and we even offer great benefits and stock options. Kenna is a growing and maturing organization with well-defined and growing product offerings, established technical processes, and healthy relationships with our peers throughout the organization. While we are comfortable with existing processes, we are not afraid to assess and change where change is needed to help push the company forward into new growth. The goal is to give engineers the process support that is needed to allow them to focus on scaling the platform to keep up with business and customer demands.
We’re looking for a Cloud Data Architect who enjoys developing new and improving existing features with an eye towards a well-tested, secure and performant product. If you’re comfortable in working within a highly autonomous, agile, and iterative software development process; Kenna may be a great fit for you! This position is an opportunity for a Cloud Data Architect to join a growing engineering team and contribute to the maintenance, expansion, and scale of the Kenna platform. Engineers are expected to take ownership of technical problems, craft solutions to complex problems, and craft code that meets our internal standards for maintainability and best practices. Our applications are widely used across the industry and your work will be used by millions of people every month.
What are some of the interesting problems you'll be working on:
- Design and own how data flows through our business, soup to nuts, working collaboratively across the company to partner with all departments.
- Architect, build and manage an efficient data platform to support our products as well as a BI function using modern, low maintenance cloud technologies (AWS or GCP), as well as cleanly interfacing with our existing data science research technologies.
- Evolve and own a sophisticated data model in collaboration with execs, engineers, product managers, scientists, and partners to consume structured data from a growing set of source systems (scanners, VI feeds, etc).
- Author and maintain entity-relationship diagrams, data dictionaries, API specs, and data translation documentation at multiple levels of abstraction (conceptual, logical, physical) and across multiple data store technologies (relational, NoSQL).
- Implement solutions to proactively monitor data quality with traceability to source systems.
- Advocate and educate engineering team members on data modeling rules, standards, and best practices.
- Build a team around you as needed to build and support the data platform.
- Leverage outside engagements as necessary to accelerate.
- This is a hands-on role at a fast paced startup. You will be expected to do a lot of heavy lifting during initial stages and you do not desire to ever be hands-off.
What does it take to work at Kenna:
- BS in CS, CE or related field preferred OR equivalent experience
- You are a product oriented, architect level leader with a cloud first perspective on data.
- You have strong experience with distributed compute along with ETL/ELT and BI architectures, concepts and frameworks, especially around streaming of big data.
- Strong, proven data modeling experience at large scale
- You understand and can clearly articulate the long-term impacts of key decisions between data storage technologies (relational, MPP, NoSQL, S3) and have experience architecting and implementing solutions across multiple technologies.
- You have experience with ElasticSearch or related document stores.
- 10+ years experience with large-scale, distributed data pipelines, as well as data management, modeling, and storage
- Experience building large scale data processing and analytical systems
- Ability to operate in a multifaceted and fast-paced environment, building strategy while executing tactics, including significant hands-on contribution
- You have done this at least once already in your career
At Kenna you can enjoy the following:
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Disability Insurance
- Wellness Programs
- Pet Insurance
- Retirement Planning
- Company Equity
- Generous Paid Parental Leave
- Work From Home Setup
- Employee Referral Program
- Discretionary Time Off
- Friendly & Casual Environment
- Work/Life Balance
- Professional Development Program
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex or national origin.
Back to top