Web DevOps Manager
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Web DevOps Manager will build and oversee the DevOps team at Kendra Scott. This role requires proven leadership skills and the ability to effectively grow and develop the entire Kendra Scott ecommerce ecosystem while providing ongoing project support.
• Lead on site DevOps employees and off shore outsourced development team to support a fast growing Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) ecommerce ecosystem.
• Integration experience with other ecommerce ecosystem platforms such as order management, point of sale and warehouse management systems.
• Hands-on leadership that can dive into code and help develop smart solutions.
• Troubleshoot, debug application(s) and/or IT infrastructure component(s) and recommend enhancements for stable operations. Maintain and patch systems, software and applications to eliminate bug fixes, security vulnerabilities and maintain technology currency of systems and applications.
• Having a "customer first" mentality that understands change and how it impacts the business both in positive and negative ways.
• Assess current practices and make recommendations for improvement.
• Partner with application owners and business units to understand application roadmaps and architectures.
• Work with IT Operations as a cross functional team to achieve shared goals.
• Mentor others: empower our tech staff and merchandising teams at every level to reach their full potential and advance the state of their craft through architecture discussions, reviews, and continual feedback
• Be able to motivate the team while maintaining customer focus and find the right balance between the two when tackling various projects.
• Prioritize work, hold the team accountable to deadlines, and actively communicate about bugs, delays or roadblocks.
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
• Bachelor's Degree and/or 3-5 years' experience in Computer Science, Engineering and/or equivalent field
• A minimum of 3 years' experience managing/leading development teams
• 2 or more years of management experience (hiring, performance reviews, coaching and development, etc.)
• Salesforce Commerce Cloud (Demandware) Digital Certified Developer or Digital Solution Strategist certification preferred
• Excellent working knowledge of agile methodologies
• A sensitivity to the time-to-market pressure common in retail environments
• Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong analytical skills. Demonstrated expertise in problem-solving and technical innovation.
• The ability to put themselves in the internal customer's shoes and never lose sight of how end users think
• Very detail-oriented
• Retail experience preferred Division Home Office Location Home Office City Austin State Texas Zip Code 78756 Removal Date 02-May-2019
Meet Some of Kendra Scott's Employees
E-Commerce Product Manager
Sean analyzes and improves how customers interact with the website to make everything from shopping to curating lifestyle inspiration intuitive and on-brand from the back-end forward.
Back to top