About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
The Production Manager is a member of the sourcing team who reports directly to the Director of Production. The Production Manager will oversee total company production timelines and ensure on time delivery of quality product, engage and motivate vendor base to hit key performance metrics, and serve as the primary production interface for cross-functional teams. This role follows the product from concept through delivery and requires extreme attention to detail and problem-solving skills to successfully execute product launches and company initiatives.
- Manage overall production timelines, team priorities and key initiatives for all product categories
- Approve detailed production calendar for all product categories, launches, and reorders to ensure on time quality deliveries
- Partner with merchandising, development, planning, allocation, transportation, & distribution to determine feasibility of new product launches and execute accordingly
- Hold internal teams and vendors accountable for meeting deadlines and adhering to outlined production dates
- Give final approval to submit all purchase orders as proposed by Production Planner(s)
- Partner with the Planning team to obtain annual forecasts1-2 year out; Use forecasts to plan vendor base expansion and order placement
- Oversee capacity of all vendors to ensure vendor base can support company's forecasted growth
- Partner with Product Development team to determine sampling direction based on bulk production needs
- Identify new vendor onboarding needs or existing vendor cross-certification to ensure stable and balanced growth
- Develop and execute an exchange rate policy for all vendors and products that maximizes profitability and operational efficiency
- Lead cost re-negotiations strategy for ongoing assortments to maximize profitability
- Responsible for volume price break negotiation strategy
- Proactively think of areas to reduce costs & maximize profitability throughout supply chain
Vendor Management & Vendor Scorecard Reporting
- Build strong relationships & partnerships with agency and vendors and promote the Kendra Scott family culture throughout the supply chain
- Oversee vendor scorecard creation to improve key vendor performance metrics and hold vendors accountable for results
- Set vendors up to successfully hit all key performance metrics outlined in the vendor scorecard through strategic production and capacity planning
- Review scorecards quarterly with each vendor providing productive feedback and ensure ongoing improvement
Team Building & Leadership:
- Create departmental strategies and direct internal and external priorities based on production needed to achieve companywide goals and initiatives.
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships with Design, Product Development, Planning, Sales, Finance, Merchandising, Logistics, Distribution, Vendors and Agent, and intuitively know when to effectively engage teams to support department needs
- Lead and develop Production team members
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to react quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Deadline focused and highly organized; Not fazed by complexity, multiple timelines, and competing priorities.
- Comfortable communicating opportunities, risks, changes, and needs to cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Focused on process improvements and collaboration in all aspects of role.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships and partnerships.
- Meets challenges and frequent priority shifts with flexibility, motivation and a 'can do' attitude
- Solution oriented and critical thinker; Strong levels of problem solving.
- Strong business acumen and negotiation skills
- Strong working knowledge of all areas of production process across a variety of materials, techniques and products.
- Open listener with strong communication skills both written and verbal; Chinese language skills a plus.
- Extremely proficient with Excel and ERP systems
- Experience developing, implementing and communicating new processes and tools
- Comprehensive knowledge of retail product development, sourcing. manufacturing processes; applied understanding of the international vendor community
- 5+ years of experience leading and developing a successful team
- 7+ years of experience in multi category production and international vendor management; jewelry, home, and beauty experience a plus
- Excited and able to travel domestically and internationally
Meet Some of Kendra Scott's Employees
E-Commerce Product Manager
Sean analyzes and improves how customers interact with the website to make everything from shopping to curating lifestyle inspiration intuitive and on-brand from the back-end forward.
Back to top