District Retail Manager- Chicago
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Our headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Our District Retail Managers are the leaders of culture, professional development and success for multiple stores within their assigned district. As a District Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Creating an unparalleled store environment that exemplifies the Kendra Scott culture and provides a WOW experience for our employees and customers in your district.
- Prioritizing the employee development of store managers to promote succession opportunities and career growth within the organization.
- Maximizing business results of all store locations in your district.
- Partner with management and peers from other retail districts for in depth training and immersion into the Kendra Scott culture.
- Troubleshoot and execute processes to maintain and grow company culture within store locations. Take advantage of coaching and training opportunities with Store Managers and support them in achieving revenue goals.
- Ensure that all store locations meet revenue goals by leading ongoing efforts to improve across the district.
- Partner with Store Managers to troubleshoot underperformance and creatively reward those who exceed goals.
- Track market and district-wide trends to identify needs and necessary operational initiatives.
- Manage partnership with the Austin-based recruiting team. Oversee process of attracting and retaining top talent on a proactive basis for each store within assigned district.
- Conduct bi-annual performance reviews for Store Managers- assist with goal setting and capitalize on coaching/ counseling opportunities.
- Play an active role in employee development by managing district succession planning.
- Provide ongoing guidance and follow up on all disciplinary action within assigned district.
- Strategic and operational oversight of all Kendra Scott stores located in the Midwest
- Lead weekly area meetings with all store leadership to provide clear communication and direction for the business.
- Promote and foster positive and supportive relationships among store teams.
- Encourage community involvement focused around core values of Family, Fashion & Philanthropy
- Ensure Store Managers prioritize initiatives and allow for creativity in their execution by focusing on results.
- Encourage Store Managers to exercise critical thinking skills during problem solving sessions and follow up on progress during weekly 1:1 meetings.
- Foster an open and collaborative environment that facilitates innovative and strategic thinking and rewards process improvements.
- Maintain an open line of communication with the corporate Field Operations department to ensure that goals and objectives align with market needs
Our Ideal Candidate Will Have:
- Bachelor's degree
- 2-3 years of multi-unit retail management experience is strongly preferred. Without multi-unit experience, 4-5 years of retail management experience overseeing multiple projects and employees is required.
- Creative problem solving skills
- A proven team player
- A desire to promote an open and honest workplace
- Superb communication skills
- The ability to travel up to 80% of the time
Residency in the Chicago area is required. Some holiday or weekend time may be necessary during peak seasons.
Meet Some of Kendra Scott's Employees
Cheryl strategizes how to create content across social media, packaging, and web design to tell the brand story. Her primary goal is conveying the brand’s pillars internally and to the public.
Back to top