Area Retail Manager
If you are passionate about a fun-filled, team-oriented work environment and share our love for Family, Fashion, and Philanthropy, then Kendra Scott is the place for you!
About Kendra Scott:
We are a fun, talented and driven team dedicated to providing our customers with gorgeous products and a WOW! Experience. Family, fashion and philanthropy are at the core of our company and though we move at a very fast pace, we are committed to maintaining a family-oriented work environment and giving back to our community. A passion for great design, dedication to innovation and a strong social media presence are our building blocks for creating a unique and engaging lifestyle brand across all channels, including retail stores, wholesale accounts and e-commerce. Kendra Scott headquarters are located in the heart of Austin, Texas, and we embrace the unique vibe and energy of our hometown as an inspiration for our brand and company culture.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a proven, high-energy Area Manager whose primary duty is to promote the Kendra Scott brand in their area, build a team that always delivers "WOW" customer service, and drives market and store level performance plans to meet company objectives. The Area Manager will be responsible for managing one store while supervising the store managers and staff for additional stores, and will lead new store openings within the market. Store Managers in the specified area will report directly to the Retail Area Manager.
What will you do?
- Responsible for overall area performance, including but not limited to revenue, customer service, and inventory.
- Develop and execute plans to improve store-level performance against key objectives.
- Drive improvement around inventory management and in-store procedures.
- Provide guidance around maximizing store revenue and day to day traffic.
- Achieve area profitability by managing expenses, discounts, and other associated controllable expenses.
Management & Training:
- Directly manage one home store while leading/directing store managers of other stores within the area.
- Recruit and hire staff and provide training
- Provide guidance around hiring, coaching, and developing a staff that reflects Kendra Scott's core values, and provides a "WOW" customer experience.
- Implement and train store management in defined area on all corporate policies, procedures, and product launches.
Community Outreach & Brand Building:
- Partner with local Event Manager to drive brand awareness by developing key relationships and planning local events that drive traffic to the store.
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of retail management experience.
- Multi-unit management experience.
- Ability to represent the Kendra Scott brand in all situations.
- Proven track record of coaching and developing team members.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain a strong team centered on our three pillars of Family, Fashion, and Philanthropy.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills
- Communication skills in both written and verbal communication.
- Demonstrate strong leadership skills.
- Ability to gain respect and trust as a leader quickly.
The Good Stuff:
401 K Plan – Subject to eligibility.
Commission based on store performance.
Everyday 60% discount on select products.
Family Fund – assistance for employees facing financial hardships.
Medical, Dental, Vision, Long term disability, and Life insurance.
Paid Time Off.
Referral Bonus up to $700.
Two paid days for team philanthropic volunteering.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company.
Meet Some of Kendra Scott's Employees
Cheryl strategizes how to create content across social media, packaging, and web design to tell the brand story. Her primary goal is conveying the brand’s pillars internally and to the public.
Back to top