What you’ll be called: Technical Writer
Where you’ll work: InnovTech (Innovation and Technology)
Who’s the boss: Director of Engineering
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living, and businesses worth owning. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Who are we looking for?
KWRI thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal. As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. We’re looking for adaptable, flexible, and creative people who want to be a part of a dynamic environment and make an impact on the future of real estate.
The InnovTech Department is looking for a fast-paced, independent thinker who prefers a challenging environment and has a proven track record for success. We are looking for a person that is self-motivated and loves an environment that allows you to create your own growth path.
What will you do?
As a technical writer at KW, you will develop and deliver documentation for our product and engineering teams. This role requires an individual able to create, update, maintain user documentation, work with the team to ensure accuracy and manage regular publication of documentation. In addition, the technical writer is responsible for documenting workflows and processes with product teams, data teams, engineers and others. Your deliverable is clear, concise and easily digestible documentation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interview cross-departmental subject matter experts to gather information related to setup and configuration of new features and/or products for internal and external customers.
- Research, plan, write, edit and proofread documentation within established time frames.
- Conduct and/or assists in documentation planning tasks, including preparing documentation plans, defining audience, performing task analysis and producing project schedules.
- Conduct tests and solicit feedback to ensure the clarity, completeness, technical accuracy and quality of the documents produced.
- Publishing of documentation to internal document repository.
- Create flow diagrams and other clarifying visual aids.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, technical communication, English, computer science or other related discipline and/or at least 5 years of experience as a technical writer.
- Experience coordinating with multiple teams (product, engineering, QA, etc.).
- Ability to simplify complex data in a way that is concise and easy to understand.
- Experience working with both technical and non-technical teams to ensure clear and successful communication.
- Familiarity with conventions in form, structure and notation of software technical writing.
Nice to have skills:
- 3+ years of experience in software or related high-tech industry.
- Knowledge of business processes and/or software development.
- Excellent diagraming skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
Director of Media Services
Bonnie Sue aims to disrupt the industry by building scalable growth models with media. Her main goal is capitalizing on media services to improve agent productivity and branding.
Back to top