What you’ll be called: Senior Accountant
Where you’ll work: Chairman of the Board (COB) Office – Keller Williams Realty International Headquarters
Who are we looking for?
As an employee at KWRI, you will have the opportunity to work within a global organization that is growing at the speed of light. As a member of the COB Department, the Senior Accountant will support the financial management and estate planning needs of the chairman, who is not only of the most influential leaders in the real estate industry, but also a bestselling author, teacher, philanthropist and supporter of the arts.
Our ideal Senior Accountant you’re an energetic, driven, social and goal-oriented leader who is not afraid to roll up their sleeves. You have a strong transactional accounting background and enjoy improving processes and making an impact.
What will you do?
Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Accountant you will be responsible for producing accurate and timely financial records for multiple entities, including residential and commercial real estate investments, non-profit, ranching, publishing and private equity, among others. You will be called upon to develop policies and procedures and take ownership of their implementation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads month-end/year-end close by reconciling general ledger accounts, maintaining balance sheet schedules and creating adjusting journal entries.
- Executes in-house payroll processing for small staff; includes monthly, quarterly and yearly federal and state filings.
- Manages all state sales tax reporting.
- Corresponds with taxing authorities, outside accounting firm and legal as necessary.
- Maintains detailed records for the timely filing of all returns.
- Develops and implements best practices for tracking of fixed assets.
- Manages all rents receivable and notes receivable.
- Tracks and reviews all property tax.
- Coordinates with outside insurance firm to ensure minimum exposure.
- Other projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
- Minimum 7 years of accounting experience.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (especially MS Excel).
- Creative problem-solver with the ability to work independently.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, solid analytical abilities and an ability to make well thought out decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills and detail-oriented approach are required.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice for agents and their customers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
Director of Media Services
Bonnie Sue aims to disrupt the industry by building scalable growth models with media. Her main goal is capitalizing on media services to improve agent productivity and branding.
Back to top