What you’ll be called: Publishing Researcher
Where you’ll work: Publishing/KellerINK
Who are we looking for?
KW Publishing thrives within a creative and collaborative culture, where producing bestselling nonfiction titles that empower readers to do great things is our primary goal. As our Publishing Researcher, you will have the opportunity to work alongside Gary Keller and Jay Papasan, bestselling authors of books like The ONE Thing _and _The Millionaire Real Estate Agent.
Our ideal Publishing Researcher you have stellar writing and communication skills. You're intelligent, with a tenacious sense of curiosity and a nose for interesting and relevant facts. You enjoy rolling up your research sleeves and aren't afraid to have an opinion. Passionate about writing, you possibly have a journalism or creative writing background or degree that required copious amounts of writing.
Ultimately, you're someone who loves books, loves reading, who wants to take part in the process of writing a bestselling non-fiction book that help those striving for self-improvement.
What will you do?
As our Publishing Researcher you will work alongside a best-selling writing team on multiple business focused book projects. Much of the work will involve reading extensively, tracking down answers to research/writing questions, and then writing publication quality executive summaries.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extensive reading of journals, studies, articles and books to uncover research, studies, stories, and quotes for books, articles and speeches.
- Contribute research and articles on topics fit for publication on the department’s blog.
- Maintain projects and timelines and compete projects on timely basis.
- Maintain soft and hard copies of research files and maintain and keep all other files organized.
- Search for and collect in-depth research on topics that align with KW Publishing book projects.
- Distill the extensive research from academic journals, periodicals, books, and news sources into concise factual summaries and accurate sound bites for use by the authors.
- Communicate findings to team members in a timely and professional manner.
- Write summaries fit for publication.
- Convert finished manuscripts into audio manuscripts for audio book publication.
- Collaborate with other teammates in order to ensure that all research collected and reviewed is the most current and applicable on the topic.
- Review the authors’ written manuscripts at various stages of completion for research input to aid authors with their writing needs as well as to provide editing suggestions, when requested.
- Constantly be learning based within discipline, keeping on track of the latest trends and advances in order to bring improvements to department.
- Interviewing: Conducts interviews with topical experts and entrepreneurs that produce valuable insight and research.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty, Inc. (“KWRI”) is the largest real estate company in North America. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. KWRI is a franchise company and the company’s headquarters are located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, lives worth living, and businesses worth owning.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
Director of Media Services
Bonnie Sue aims to disrupt the industry by building scalable growth models with media. Her main goal is capitalizing on media services to improve agent productivity and branding.
Back to top