Project Manager, KW Accelerator
What you’ll be called: Project Manager, KW Accelerator
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Named a Happiest Company to Work for 2018; one of the Best Places to Work in Austin, TX; and winner of the prestigious Training 125 award from Training Magazine in 2017, Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI) thrives within a creative and collaborative culture where being at the forefront of real estate is our primary goal.
With over 170K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real-estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration; transaction management; education; and, consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we’re looking for:
Our ideal Project Manager is a true problem-solver at heart. You don't shy away from new challenges, and the harder the problem, the better. You are intensely focused on identifying problems and finding the right solution, and are willing to take risks and experience failure along the way. You thrive in a fast-paced and results-oriented environment. You come from a technical background, have experience in insurance, real estate and regulated industries; think in terms of KPIs; and enjoy learning about and applying new solutions to solve customer problems in a user-centric way.
About are our KW Accelerator businesses:
Our leadership is focused on bringing value to our agents through various corporate initiatives, with a focus on technology and accelerator businesses that maintain the agent’s prominence as the linchpin to the real estate transaction. We have affiliated mortgage, insurance and property management businesses and plan to quickly expand into other areas that touch the real estate transaction. Our affiliates are ultimately designed to help agents better assist their clients in the purchase and sale of their homes.
What you’ll do:
As Project Manager for our Insurance platform, you will build the technology that powers the home insurance purchase experience for real estate buyers across the country. You will be responsible for managing the software development for a program that powers millions of transactions annually.
In this role, you will manage the technical development roadmap, and be responsible for executing high level features in a timely and thorough manner. You will also be a key input for planning, which will define the roadmap from a feature definition, strategy through tactical execution, and delivery to the end consumer. The development process will involve close collaboration with real estate agents, strategic business partners and business stakeholders. You will directly manage sprints executed by development and user experience teams.
Keller Williams is looking for a detail-oriented manager who can adjust perspective regularly, balancing technical product vision and tactical product development and go-to-market execution. Experience with managing teams that include internal and outsourced resources is a plus. This position requires self-direction and an ownership mentality, and provides regular, direct interaction with the leadership team. We value Project Managers who can sit with the developers and dig into the details as owners of the product where we define, develop, and ship new products, services, and features in periods measured in two weeks and months.
• Primary responsibility for managing the development roadmap (rolling 12 months) of the Insurance product, service providers, and delivery to the end consumer.
• Prioritize what features and sprints we should allocate to developers and when, by understanding and executing on product vision and strategy.
• Work with customers, agents, partners, and our Labs teams to blueprint features they want to utilize.
• Assist in defining how those features will work and look, through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review and usability testing.
• Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, development, and review. See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis.
• Author detailed specifications and formalize acceptance criteria in Gherkin, upon which stakeholders can review and provide feedback.
• Ensure successful build out of features and ensure user success by tracking adoption/usage.
• Drive each sprint through development, review and testing.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
• At least 2-3 years of technical project management experience, with consumer facing products, ideally in finance, insurance, real estate or regulated industries.
• Demonstrated proficiency in building products in an agile environment, with a strong understanding of mission critical applications and platform scale constraints and capabilities.
• Experience bringing products from conception to implementation, including defining and communicating specifications, managing resources, and working with cross-functional teams.
• A proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects and that enable organizations to build and ship products that solve real user problems.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
• Working knowledge of behavior driven development (BDD), ideally using Cucumber and Gherkin.
• Experience as a Technical Project Manager demonstrable through a portfolio that showcases your ability to understand what makes a compelling customer experience.
• Comfort providing code review and mentoring to developers engaged in the build-out of your requirements, to ensure high quality and reliable deliverables.
• Results-oriented outlook comfortable with critique and heavy collaboration.
• Detail-oriented process expert who can break down complex ideas into simple explanations.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
Blair helps attract top talent to join Keller Williams. She sees prospects through the hiring process to ensure people land in the roles that make sense for the company and their individual goals.
Back to top