Helpdesk Support Technician
What you’ll be called: Helpdesk Support Technician
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters—Austin, TX
Voted one of the Best Places To Work in Austin, TX, KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture. We are seeking a highly motivated Helpdesk Support Technician to join our IT team.
With over 150K agents worldwide, Keller Williams Technology Group is the foremost provider of real estate solutions, offering the most comprehensive end-to-end portfolio of products, services and training in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts agent challenges into opportunities in the areas of: relationship management, collaboration, transaction management, education and consumer engagement. All in support of enabling agents to drive greater intimacy in the relationships they have with their customers and enabling consumers to chart their own customer journey.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for a customer focused Helpdesk Technician to look after all the equipment we use in the corporate office—from laptops and desktops to business office equipment and phone system. This includes both setup and continuous support. Our ideal Helpdesk Support Technician has advanced technical knowledge and the ability to both understand the problem and communicate effectively to explain its solution. You must be people-oriented and patient when dealing with difficult situations.
What you’ll do:
You will provide first and second level technical support for Keller Williams Realty employees within a local area network while providing outstanding customer service.
• Receive, prioritize and respond to incoming technical support requests entered into the Helpdesk ticketing system by end users experiencing problems relating to computer hardware and software, VoIP phones, printers, peripherals, connectivity and other computer and network-related technologies.
• Effectively communicate with end users to identify issues and develop solutions.
• Research questions using available information resources.
• Escalate complex problems as needed.
• Administer accounts for Active Directory, Exchange, VoIP Phones, Intranet and other systems.
• Log and track work through the Helpdesk ticketing system.
• Maintain an up to date inventory of all computers, laptops, printers, and telephony devices.
• Maintain system images for the various computer/laptop models within the company.
• Replace and retire desktop hardware in accordance to scheduled life cycle policies.
• Contact third party support as needed for hardware and application errors.
• Write, revise, and update user training manuals and internal procedures as needed.
• Provide Wi-Fi and email support for smart phones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
• Place orders for supplies as needed.
• Work extended hours and perform other duties as required.
• 3+ years of IT helpdesk experience.
• Advanced experience with installing, administering and troubleshooting Windows computers and laptops within an Active Directory domain environment.
• Advanced understanding of networking, DHCP, and DNS within a local area network.
• Advanced knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office, and Apple products.
• Experienced with computer imaging software.
• Solid understanding of VoIP Phone technology.
• Experience with supporting Office 365.
• Microsoft and other industry related certifications welcomed.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Customer-oriented and cool-tempered.
Top three signs that this is the right job for you:
• You thrive solving complex problems.
• You excel at leading with influence.
• You don’t need your boss to tell you what to do.
Top three signs that this is NOT the right job for you:
• You require well defined process and low pressure to execute well.
• You don’t see the value in different points of view.
• You don’t believe that developing awesome products is a team sport.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. Light tasks requiring a minimum of tiring physical effort. Performance of work requires intermittent sitting, standing and walking. Additionally, occasional operation of office machines or equipment resulting in some fatigue.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and occasional weekend work as job duties demand.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
Blair helps attract top talent to join Keller Williams. She sees prospects through the hiring process to ensure people land in the roles that make sense for the company and their individual goals.
Back to top