Director of Innovation
What you’ll be called: Director of Innovation
Where you’ll work: KW Labs – KWRI Headquarters Austin, TX
Voted one of the “Best Places To Work” in Austin, TX KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture, where being at the forefront of real estate with industry disruptive technology is our goal.
The Keller Williams Innovation Team is reinventing the way technology is used in real estate. This transition is focused on moving from a traditional, siloed set of systems to a modern, integrated cloud-based data and technology platform. We are looking for a highly-motivated Director of Innovation to lead KW Labs at the forefront of this transformation.
Who are we looking for?
Our ideal Director of Innovation, you’re passionate about bleeding-edge technologies, proving hypothesizes and taking ideas from ideation to proof of concept. You have experience managing a large and diverse portfolio of B2B and consumer R&D projects and have a demonstrable body of work to prove it.
What You’ll Do:
As the Director of Innovation, you’ll build and lead the KW Labs Innovation team in the development of experimental, innovative projects outside the normal product development lines. The Lab’s charter is to change the real estate industry by creating new experiences around the consumer and the agent. To that end, you will lead the research, identification, development, prioritization and testing of new and innovative opportunities for continued growth. You will be a driver of change working with the Product team, and the board, managing a portfolio.
• Develop a deep understanding of relevant technologies and trends in our industry by working closely with various partners in our business, internal stakeholders, as well as keeping apprised of cutting edge innovation in our industry
• Manage a team of innovation technologists and a pipeline of projects
• Manage a budget across a portfolio of concepts and ideas
• Collaborate with our end users, internal stakeholders, and external partners to develop and deliver high value innovative concepts and solutions
• Manage both in-house and vendor relationships to achieve rapid prototyping and development (RAD) to quickly validate hypothesis
• Technology scouting – work with solution partners and identify opportunities to collaborate
• Shepard new innovations through the development process and get pilot approval
• Conduct external and internal assessments of the business environment, competition, customers, market trends, and the implications to the business.
• Lead brainstorming sessions and develop other processes and leverage other resources to generate new business ideas to keep the innovation pipeline full
• Assess the strategic fit and value of new business ideas, manage the prioritization process of the pipeline and allocate resources to concept test new initiatives
• Responsible for the selection, definition, execution, and transition of tests to scalable models that support achievement of the organization’s strategic goals and objectives.
• Initiate/lead strategic innovation workshops and projects
• Facilitate and manage working with "beta communities" to get direct feedback on new concepts
• Work with internal and external innovation partners to develop prototyping for concepts
• Take ideas through ideation to proof of concept
• Hand off piloted ideas to Products Team
• Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, design, business, or related field
• 5+ years as an innovation leader and practitioner successfully leading cross-functional innovation teams
• 8+ years experience managing and delivering results in product management, engineering and/or business intelligence leadership roles
• Desire to change the world, where everyone will be using the product that your team designed. We are reinventing the way our industry operates.
• Experience in product design, research and development, and technology scouting
• Out if the box rapid solution thinking and problem solving abilities
• Ability to communicate abstract ideas clearly and independently, including presenting to internal stakeholders, end users, large audiences and senior executives.
• Entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to synthesize broad fields of study and information into a cohesive, concise and persuasive view on future states at different points in the future
• Flexible, self-managed and self-motivated with a problem solver’s attitude.
• Experience working with remote development teams.
• Proven ability to work in a hyper growth / start-up environment that is fast and fearless
• Proof of demonstrated work / experience (publications, reports / white papers, presentations, speaking experience) in researching, forecasting / trends disruptive innovation in one or more societal segments and the linkage to underlying technology drivers
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
KW MAPS Coaching Client Care Manager
Ashley ensures that every KW MAPS coach receives the best experience possible. She works with a team of Client Care Coordinators to provide products, training, and events to coaches and their clients.
Back to top