Director of Development Operations
What you’ll be called: Director of Development Operations
Where you’ll work: KWRI Headquarters Austin, TX
Who are we looking for?
Voted one of the “Best Places To Work” in Austin, TX KWRI thrives within a creative and dynamic culture, where being at the forefront of real estate with industry disruptive technology is our goal.
Our ideal Director of Development Operations is a fast-paced, independent thinker with a deep knowledge of AWS & Cloud infrastructure with a proven track record building and enhancing continuous delivery and continuous integration services.
What you’ll do:
As our Director of Development Operations, you will play a key role in changing the way that the KWRI products are delivered within the company, devising and implementing a modern approach to software engineering infrastructure and creating a DevOps culture that enables continuous delivery and by releasing features on demand.
• Manage and expand the core platform team to support and grow the DevOps environment working closely with cross functional teams like Product Management, Development, QA and Data.
• Oversee any recruitment and development of staff within the overall DevOps function of the group, in line with departmental and corporate guidelines.
• Work with the CIO, Engineering, Product & IT leader to create a clearly defined Development Operations strategy to support KWRI’s products.
• Partner with divisional management and product owners to ensure delivery of a clear technical roadmap for the platform in order to support the product technical road maps for each product line.
• As a senior technology leader, ensure industry best practice is being adopted in terms of Infrastructure Architecture; Continuous Delivery and Integration; Deployment; Security; 3rd-level Support and Test automation.
• Take personal ownership of all infrastructure and development operations for the team and ensure that all work meets user and commercial objectives, is delivered on time, to budget and to the quality standards agreed.
• Execute the agreed upon technology strategy.
• Responsible for defining the System Development Life Cycle methodology and associated cross-functional tools to ensure adoption and continuous improvement.
• Play an active part in the continuous improvement of quality processes and standards to ensure that the global organization provides efficient, high quality and cost effective solution development that supports an iterative development methodology and a dynamic business. Actively promote quality throughout division and ensure the quality of all deliverables.
• 10+ years experience with 5+ years of management experience as an Engineering Infrastructure / DevOps leader
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent. MS preferred
• Strong agile development background and history of building teams to work in highly agile; cross-functional environments
• Proven track record building/enhancing continuous delivery and continuous integration services
• Experience with large scale distributed systems in Production and Development as owner of Production
• Good people and line management skills and the ability to recruit and develop a high performing team
• Experience with Automation, Site Reliability Engineering, large scale databases, big data
• Extensive experience in Cloud Infrastructure and related technologies
• Knowledge of container and cluster orchestration technologies, such as Docker, Mesos, Marathon, Kubernetes
• Knowledge of Linux and Windows Systems desirable
• Experience with Jira / Atlassian Suite Tools a plus
• Knowledge and interest in the latest system architecture trend
• Ability to rapidly learn and understand new systems
• Ability to communicate effectively and write accurate, clear documentation
• Humility and Integrity
Who are we?
Keller Williams Realty Inc. is the largest real estate company by agent count across the globe. Founded in 1983, we pride ourselves on a unique, agent-centric culture emphasizing a profit sharing system which rewards our associates as stakeholders and partners. Keller Williams Realty International (KWRI), is the company’s corporate headquarters located in Austin, Texas. Here, through a focus on cutting edge technology, education, and products and services, we support our agents and associates to create careers worth having, businesses worth owning, lives worth living, experiences worth giving and legacies worth leaving. In this way we fulfill our vision to be the real estate company of choice.
Meet Some of Keller Williams Realty International's Employees
KW MAPS Coaching Client Care Manager
Ashley ensures that every KW MAPS coach receives the best experience possible. She works with a team of Client Care Coordinators to provide products, training, and events to coaches and their clients.
Back to top