Software Engineer - Frontend
- Vancouver, Canada
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Frontend Engineer, you will play an integral part in designing components and platform for exciting new services within KeepTruckin’s Fleet product line. You will implement complex features using modern frameworks and work on a fast growing enthusiastic team eager to make a significant impact by connecting the world’s trucks. We are looking for front end engineers who are driven by impacting and revolutionizing a space where the last major technical innovation was the invention of the diesel engine. We are seeking strong team players who thrive on innovation and continuous improvement. We pride ourselves on our culture, and ability to work effectively across a highly diversified team.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside product and other cross-functional counterparts including designers, back end, and QA on features that power fleet products
- Create the best possible user experience in our web applications
- Come up with creative, outside-the-box solutions for complex problems
- Write modular and maintainable frontend code
- Actively participate in writing unit tests, improving quality, and performing code reviews
- Participate in full SDLC process in a CI/CD centered development
- Actively work on our AWS cloud infrastructure
- Research new technology and design patterns in collaboration with fellow engineers; propose changes that bring both short term and long term benefits
What We’re Looking For:
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related fields
- 4+ years of experience building frontend software
- Strong problem solving skills
- Experience with modern front-end frameworks, patterns, and browser technologies
- Experience building single page frontend applications
- Expertise in at least one modern JS framework (AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, etc)
- Proficient knowledge of asynchronous request handling
- Experience working with REST APIs, GraphQL, -or- similar APIs
- Experience with automated testing.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum
- SaaS experience
- B2B Enterprise applications experience
- AWS infrastructure experience
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Back to top