Senior Software Engineer - Backend
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
As a Sr. Software Engineer, you will be a part of a team who can turn product ideas into reality by designing components and services for new feature developments. You will implement scalable architecture and work with an enthusiastic team contributing to robust projects that will be critical for Fleet Safety such as server solutions that interface with best in class Dashcams, tracking critical driving events, and tools for both Safety managers and drivers.
What You'll Do:
- Collaborate with a cross functional team to design and document scalable solutions
- Ability to write secure, maintainable code that powers the platform that connects the world’s trucks
- Launch and support features that will be used by trucking industry and its partners
- Lead code reviews and help to guide software architecture decisions
- Resource for the product team to determine technical feasibility of features
What We're Looking For:
- 8+ years of software development experience
- A degree in computer science, software engineering, or a related field
- An affinity for creating software that is extensible, performant, and easy to read
- Strong programming skills in one or more of these languages: Ruby (Rails), GoLang, Java, Python, or NodeJS
- Solid understanding of relational databases preferably Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with scaling, troubleshooting, migrations and security of distributed systems
- Experience with NoSQL databases, AWS, micro services, SOA
- Experience with CI/CD and version control (preferably Git)
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Back to top