Senior PostgreSQL DBA
Who we are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
At KeepTruckin, we see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and recognized by Glassdoor as a “Best Place to Work” in 2019.
We are looking for people from all backgrounds who want to make an impact on the millions of drivers who keep our world moving. Together, we laugh hard, snack harder and work together to drive innovation at the intersection of tech and transportation.
About the Job:
As a Senior PostgreSQL DBA you will ensure that our databases are performant, resilient, and monitored. You will partner with developers and SREs across the engineering organization to solve database related issues, both in development and production. You will help developers write efficient queries and review code that interacts with our databases as well as plan and execute major upgrades and maintenance tasks with minimal required downtime.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
- Design and implement high availability database architectures in AWS
- Partner with developers and SREs to build new infrastructure
- Continuously monitor and improve database usage via query and index tuning, schema updates, partitioning, etc.
- Collaborate with developers to code optimized database queries
- Plan and execute disaster recovery scenarios
- Build dashboards for database health and alerting
- Perform Terraform deployments of database instances, users, groups, and permissions
- Manage database upgrades and migrations with minimal downtime
- Take on-call duty to respond to production incidents
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 3+ years of experience working with PostgreSQL 9.4+
- Production experience in a high-traffic environment with PostgreSQL
- Experience provisioning PostgreSQL databases in AWS with tools like Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible
- Experience with monitoring and log tools like Datadog, New Relic, Sumo Logic
- Experience with other databases like DynamoDB, Redshift, Snowflake a plus
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to diversity in the workforce. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis, including, but not limited to; race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, lactation, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age (40 and over), national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information (including testing and characteristics), veteran status, uniformed service member status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
Back to top