Principal Electrical Engineer
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Principal Electrical Engineer, you will report to the VP of Hardware and will be a key member of the hardware team. You will lead deep dives on architecture and solve the hardest problems in our hardware team.
This role will be responsible for generating the next generation HW platforms for KeepTruckin and diving into the hardset technical challenges. They must be an expert in high speed design and be an expert in various hardware technologies: cameras, audio, RF.. This person understands how to ship high volume quality hardware and has done it many times.
What You’ll Do:
- Able to wear many hats and dive deep on any hw topic.
- Build an extensible HW platform to allow the development of multiple HW projects/lines.
- Selection of critical components through a data driven methodology: SoC, WiFi, BT, GPS, Battery, Power, IMU, etc.
- Work closely with Embedded leads in board bring up and debug.
- Drive best in class performance across systems.
What We’re Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 10+ years of experience as a staff or principal engineer.
- Experience with cameras, batteries, and other sensors.
- Demonstrated domain knowledge in compute & systems development, proven track record in building technology & product development.
- Experience shipping mobile hardware platforms.
- Experience with embedded computing and cameras.
- Direct experience shipping consumer hardware and in R&D.
- Experience integrating RF technologies such as WIFI, BT, GPS, etc.
- Experience leading and driving electrical design development from schematic capture, PCB layout through assembly.
- Experience with digital circuit design and various communications protocols such as I2C, UART, SPI, USB, MIPI, I2S, etc.
- Experience in working with JDM partners in the design, manufacture, testing and delivery of next generation hardware solutions.
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Back to top