Firmware Engineering Lead
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company and a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront.
About the Role:
As a Firmware Engineering Lead, you will be a key member of the hardware team leading an embedded project from start to finish. Both an exceptional technical engineer as well as a leader, you are able to architect, execute, and test complex embedded systems on a range of platforms from bare metal, RTOS, Linux, and mobile OS.
This role will help build the next generation HW platforms for KeepTruckin. This person understands how to ship high volume quality hardware and has done it many times; experience with mobile platforms and surrounding technologies a must. You have shipped hundreds of thousands if not millions of devices through the devices you have developed.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and development of high performance firmware and software for cutting-edge mobile platforms and cameras
- Debug, optimize, and validate firmware on complex embedded multi-core architectures.
- Participate in ground-breaking hardware and research projects
What We’re Looking For:
- 7+ years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent experience
- Strong programming experience and demonstrated proficiency in C/C++ for embedded systems, including development of algorithms, manipulation of complex data structures, and implementing highly optimized code
- Consumer electronics experience or familiarity with 3-4 or relevant technologies: mutli-core ARM processors, GPUs, WiFi/BT, cameras.
- Familiarity with ARM or equivalent embedded multi-core microprocessor architectures is required
- Strong understanding of operating systems concepts such as thread scheduling, context switching and memory management is required.
- Candidate is expected to have experience in using ARM debuggers.
- Ability to understand hardware design and schematics.
- Prior experience with overseeing board bring-up and validation
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Back to top