- Bengaluru, India
Who We Are:
KeepTruckin is on a mission to modernize the trucking industry. With the leading fleet management platform, we are bringing trucks online and fundamentally changing the way freight is moved on our roads.
We see our hard work rewarded in tangible ways every day and we believe that intelligence is most powerful when paired with humility. We’re motivated by the opportunity to impact and improve every facet of a trillion-dollar industry that touches everyone’s lives. KeepTruckin is proud to be a Forbes Cloud 100 company, a 2020 Career-Launching Company by Wealthfront and named a Forbes Best Startup Employer 2020.
About the Role:
As one of our first mobile engineers in Bangalore, this is a great opportunity to make a significant impact in designing and building our new KeepTruckin Fleet Manager Android app and as well as grow by working directly with experienced technology professionals with backgrounds from Silicon Valley companies like Google, Twitter, Facebook and Uber (to name a few). We are looking for candidates who have a familiarity with Java and Kotlin, and a good understanding of system architectures (MVC, MVVM, Redux) and a forward thinking mindset aimed at high readability (declarative) code, as well as identifying problems or bottlenecks before they become issues.
Learn more about our work culture and team members on this profile of our team here.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop from scratch our new Android KeepTruckin Fleet Manager App
- Work with product team to refine feature specs, and work with cross functional teams like IoT, Embedded, Data Science/ML, Computer Vision & Motion teams to create fluid user experiences with interactive visualization for a multitude of data from these different teams
- Communicate with backend engineers about API requirements or refinements, and engage with the senior engineers for mentorship to learn & grow in your areas of interest
- Analyze our user's data to identify bugs, and help support team to diagnose user problems
- Be able to work as part of a small, tightly knit team
What We’re Looking For:
- 2-4 years of experience working on Android apps with a deep understanding of Android SDKs
- Proficiency in Java, Kotlin, Android lifecycle, custom views, database/persistence
- An understanding of Android UI/UX and application design paradigms
- An appreciation and understanding of automated app testing
- Knowledge in RxJava2, Dagger2, and knowledge or interest in commercial vehicles/trucking is a plus!
Creating a diverse and inclusive workplace is one of KeepTruckin's core values. We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Please do not let an arrest or conviction record prevent you from applying for employment at KT. KT considers qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please review our Candidate Privacy Notice here.
Back to top