Why Choose KDM?
KDM Engineering was founded in 2012 on a promise to alter the face of the engineering field. Today, we’re a growing, award-winning, minority- and woman-owned engineering firm that welcomes the perspectives, experiences, and backgrounds of our diverse team members.
We have built a reputation of excellence over the last 10 years by providing outstanding technical experience and maintaining the highest standards of safety and quality assurance for both public and private sector clients. We have earned the designation of Engineer of Choice (EOC) from several utility companies, and we are continuously recognized for our work and commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Our talented group of individuals helps us deliver results in our specialty areas of power and energy engineering design, distribution engineering, substation engineering, civil engineering, fiber engineering, utility coordination, AutoCAD/drafting, program/project management, and permitting.
Want more jobs like this?
Get Project Management jobs in Baltimore, MD delivered to your inbox every week.
What We Value in Our Employees:
Our diversity is what distinguishes us from any other company in the industry. Our employees come from a wide array of backgrounds, beliefs, and life experiences. These differences are the foundation of our uniformity because that which sets us apart is also what brings us together.
We value our employees’ commitment to quality in their work and customer service as they help us deliver the outstanding project results that our clients have come to expect from us.
Our employees share our core values of safety, quality, integrity, teamwork, and dedication, and they believe in the positive impact our work has on the communities we serve.
What Our Employees Value in KDM:
Having an exceptional office culture is no longer an option, but a necessity. As part of our company culture, employees enjoy a flexible, relaxed work environment where they are recognized for their performance, rewarded for their hard work, and supported in their professional endeavors.
At KDM, we emphasize personal growth, and we’ve created an environment where each employee is empowered to create their own path to success, with the company’s full support.
Thank you for choosing KDM and helping us re-engineer the future of engineering, together!
The Technical project Manager will manage any of the KDM Utility clients. This position will help expand current engineering work with our existing clients and help establish new business in additional departments all while managing multiple project managers and processes. This individual will need to be open-minded, innovative, and determined to create growth within our organization.
- Build plans for business development
- Leads the design on large/complex projects
- Prepares and reviews / supervises calculations, drawings, specifications
- Coordinate technical activities of assigned programs, including scheduling, planning, budgeting, and managing personnel
- Monitor engineering work to ensure compliance with industry standards, company practices, and customer specifications
- Must possess sufficient technical knowledge of programs in order to identify problems, provide guidance to staff, and be sure the work product fulfills requirements
- Manage multiple engineering clients at the same time
- Manage customer relationships and attend high level client events including but not limited to, quarterly KPI meetings, department related meetings, EOC meetings, etc.
- Assist with development and mentoring of the department
- Determine office specific changes which may include determination of new hires and terminations
- Train, support, and develop team members
- Ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Pursue opportunities to both lead by example and foster the talent of high performing team members
- Prioritization and streamlining of tasks to ensure accuracy and efficiency
- This position involves a high level of organization and the ability to multitask competing priorities
- Develops discipline work plan
- Prepares discipline design basis
- Assists in proposal preparation and marketing efforts
- Monitors /resolves technical issues and manages the budgeting, scheduling and scoping tasks on multiple, complex projects with minimal supervision
- BS in Electrical Engineering required, advanced degree preferred (PE preferred)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with at least 2 years of relevant Project Engineer Experience.
- BGE experience preferred
- Experience managing and mentoring project management staff
- Ability to manage business and technical resources
- Computer proficiency
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Must be open minded, creative and confident
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Must be open to local travel
- Must be willing to comply with all pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, education and employment verification, and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work-Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People-First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
- Positive team environment
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible schedules
- Growth opportunities
- Health, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Life, long-term disability, and short-term disability insurances
- Paid time-off
- Paid holidays
- Volunteer leave
- Year-end performance bonuses
- HRA and HSA
- Transit program
- Gym reimbursement
- Career coach on-staff
- Parental and maternity leave
- Supportive management
- Culture engagement group
- Professional development assistance
- Employee discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Quarterly team-building outings
- Laidback office culture, including pool table, arcade games, and happy hour
- Meditation space, nap room, and nursing mothers’ room
KDM Engineering provides its new employees with a one-of-a-kind, client-recognized training and mentorship program. We give our new recruits the opportunity to become effective and knowledgeable engineers at a much faster pace than our competitors. New recruits will be exposed to multiple departments and projects through our hands-on learning approach.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a minority- and woman-owned professional engineering firm focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications designs. Established in 2012, KDM is headquartered in Chicago with branch offices on the East Coast.
KDM specializes in power and energy engineering design, distribution engineering, substation engineering, civil engineering, fiber engineering, utility coordination, AutoCAD/drafting, program/project management, and permitting. Following our core values of safety, quality, integrity, teamwork, and dedication, we’ve built a proven track record of success in responding to our clients’ needs, budgets, and schedules. We are nationally certified Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and Women Business Enterprise (WBE).
Our talented, diverse team brings an abundance of design and project management experience to their projects. We will continue to prove that when organizations are committed to diversity and inclusion, they are more successful because they bring together different backgrounds, experiences, and ways of thinking, offering unique and varied perspectives when solving problems.
At KDM we take pride in our professionalism, and there’s no denying we have a distinct edge over our competition in providing outstanding technical expertise, resulting in consistent recognition by our clients as a top engineering firm.