Senior Civil Engineer
- Chicago, IL
KDM Engineering is searching for a Civil Engineer with a Professional Engineer license, preferably with experience in the utility, site development or transportation industry.
- Act as part of a project team consisting of professional engineers and designers involved in the design, modification, and analysis of all facets of civil engineering.
- Work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and solving a wide variety of civil engineering related issues.
- Act as a team lead in the coordination of detailed design phases for all aspects of civil engineering work.
- Prepare, review and/or approve proposals, contracts or cost estimates.
- Lead project meetings both internally and with clients.
- Perform and/or oversee designs for underground utilities.
- Lead efforts to ensure projects are completed satisfactorily, on time, and within budget.
- Coordinate design activities to ensure installation and operations will comply with specifications, codes, and client requirements.
- Prepare reports and studies that present technical information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements.
- Perform independent reviews of work performed by others including calculations and drawing preparation.
- Oversee Junior Engineers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering Degree required from ABET accredited institution
- Professional Engineering License in IL with the ability to get reciprocity in other states as required
- 7+ years of experience
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and/ or MicroStation
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Valued but not required skills and experience:
- Knowledge of drainage design
- Construction experience.
- Familiarity with Local agencies
- Surveying experience
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top