KDM is looking for a part-time Safety Manager that will hold the responsibility of protecting both the employees and workplace, and ensure that the company is compliant with all federal, state, local, and client related safety requirements.
- Develop, implement and monitor KDM’s health and safety programs
- Develop/conduct specific training and presentations about health and safety matters, including accident prevention, for employees and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory bodies and standards (including OSHA, EPA, etc.) by inspecting employees and operations procedures
- Inspect equipment to observe possible unsafe conditions.
- Report on health and safety awareness, issues, statistics, and safety incidents to Management and/or clients as needed
- Evaluate, assess and alter safety procedures and policies for the benefit of employees and clients based on inspection findings
- Visit job sites to conduct safety audits on personnel, equipment and materials
- Lead injury and incident inquiries and evaluations.
- Participate in any client or peer lead executive meetings.
- Update management on safety performance benchmarks and changing regulations
- Monitor personal protective equipment compliance program
- Experience with Microsoft applications including: Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks
- Collaborative working style and a team-player attitude
- Previous experience in a similar or related field, including environmental health, industrial hygiene or safety
- Knowledge of federal, state, and local health and safety laws
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top