Provides general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks. The receptionist will be responsible for answering incoming calls, directing calls to appropriate associates, mail distribution, flow of correspondence, requisition of supplies as well as additional clerical duties.
This is a full-time, hourly position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm.
• Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate employee. Will transfer a caller to an employee’s voice mailbox when the associate is unavailable.
• Greets and directs visitors.
• Takes and retrieves messages for various personnel.
• Provides callers with information such as company address, directions to the company location, company fax numbers, company website and other related information.
• Receives, sorts and forwards incoming mail. Maintains and routes publications.
• Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
• Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
• Assists with other related clerical duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
• Assists with ordering food for client meetings, company events, and birthday celebrations.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Collaboration Skills.
• Customer/Client Focus.
• Technical Capacity.
Required Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma
• 2+ years of administrative experience
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, we invite you to apply to join KDM Engineering today! We’d love to meet you!
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a W/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland area. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience, combined. We have our WBDC & CMSDC certifications as well as our professional certifications through the State of Illinois. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with substantial company match
• PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
• Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
• Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Meet Some of KDM Engineering's Employees
Sankesh works on projects related to the field of distribution engineering. These projects are primarily aimed at improving the reliability and performance of the distribution system.
Back to top