KDM Engineering is searching for a Permitting Manager to supervise, coordinate and manage operations within the permitting department. This position involves overseeing the Permitting team in administrative duties, organizing, tracking, and data entry. This role also involves considerable internal coordination amongst various client teams.
- Leads project team and trains, supports and develops team members
- Facilitate communication in milestones, delivery, and general updates to key personnel
- Coordinate paperwork and applications as necessary
- Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies acting as a liaison for clients. (i.e. County, IDOT, Alderman's Offices, City of Chicago)
- Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates and assist with any issues
- Coordinate with Project Managers regarding construction schedules and permit requirements
- Manage permit expiration and renewals and coordinate with Contractors.
- Organize and track all permits
- File proper paperwork required to obtain permits
Desired Skills and Experience:
- 4 years minimum in supervisory or management capacity required
- Highschool or GED equivalent
- Prior permitting experience (preferred)
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office applications to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have the ability to multi-task in a fast paced and deadline driven environment.
- Must be able to maintain professionalism and a positive service attitude at all times
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO's 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plans with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.