- Chicago, IL
KDM Engineering is searching for a permit coordinator to work in assistance with our permitting department. This position involves supporting the Permitting Coordinator in administrative duties, organizing, tracking, applying for and obtaining permits from governing agencies for construction installation and engineering design projects. This role also involves considerable internal coordination among various client teams.
- Coordinate permit requests and scheduling with various governmental agencies acting as a liaison for clients. (i.e. County, IDOT, Alderman’s Offices, City of Chicago)
- Meet with internal teams and/or government agencies for project updates and assist with any issues
- Coordinate with Project Managers regarding construction schedules and permit requirements
- Manage permit expiration and renewals and coordinate with Contractors.
- Organize and track all permits.
- File proper paperwork required to obtain permits.
Preferred Job Competencies:
- 3+ years of experience using Microsoft Office Suite (Excel & Word)
- Prior permitting experience preferred
- Ability to Multi-task
- Must be proactive and able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to maintain a high level of accuracy and pay close attention to detail
- Must be willing to comply with all pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, education and employment verification and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO’s 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with “People First” Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
Job Type: Full-time
Full List of Benefits:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plans (dental, medical & vision)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Ventra Transit Program
- Year-End Performance Bonuses
- One Location
- On the Road
- Monday to Friday
- Occasional Saturday - Depending on Project Needs
- Available to Full-Time Employees Only
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top