Responsible for design development, equipment layouts, construction drawings and bill of materials for projects involving the installation of new utility infrastructure and modifications to existing utility infrastructure, on Client’s distribution system. Provides in-progress design coordination with construction crew, clients, and internal and external customers to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- 3-4 years minimum of relevant experience preferred
- Prior BGE experience preferred
- Understanding of power distribution systems.
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Quantitative and analytical skill set
- Must be able to interpret and analyze customer's electrical, architectural, and structural drawings, one-line diagram and load letters.
- Ability to multi task and adapt to changing demands.
- Proficient in the use of all software needed to produce quality electrical design drawings such as Asset Suite 8 & Microsoft Office programs
- Microstation software knowledge a plus
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Possess a valid USA Driver’s License
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO’s 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plans (dental, medical & vision)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.