- Chicago, IL
Under supervision, the Human Resources Coordinator provides administrative support of the day-to-day operations of the HR Department. The HR Coordinator reports directly to the HR Manager and assists with various duties as assigned.
- Assists in managing HRIS to include entering and maintaining both electronic and hard copy employee records
- Assists employees and managers with basic interpretation of HR/company policies and procedures
- Conducts new-hire orientation that addresses important KDM Engineering benefit information, company standards/policies, gathers documents/onboarding paperwork, and gives the new hire a general sense of operations and direction. Ensures completion of forms and that the new hire checklist is complete
- Performs wide range of duties relative to the maintenance and processing of personnel records and reports
- Assists with full-cycle recruiting including: reviewing applicants resumes and sending to the hiring manager, conducting pre-screen phone calls, coordinating and scheduling qualified candidates with appropriate hiring manager and associated teams for interviews, providing follow-up correspondence to candidates regarding recruiting status via phone/email.
- Posts and maintains new jobs on job boards, career sites, and other mediums as needed. Uses recruiting tools to find and reach out to passive candidates including LinkedIn Recruiter
- Interacts with and supplies information to job applicants, employees, department leads and public/private agencies
- Assists with benefits administration
- Helps maintain the company's employee directory and organization charts
- Participates in admin staff meetings and attends other meetings/seminars as needed
- Schedules meetings, HR events, and maintains agendas
- Assist with payroll input and processing
- Assists the HR Manager with various administrative duties and special projects as needed
- Verifies and maintain I-9 documentation for both active and terminated employees
- Prepares and maintains employee personnel files including: employment, medical, benefits, training, leave of absences/workers comp and inputs employees into various platforms as necessary
- Keeps up to date with the latest HR trends and best practices
- Maintains high standards of confidentiality of all employee records and information
- Strong attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing projects/tasks
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Relationship management
• Ethical practice
This job operates in a professional office environment, with the use of standard office equipment. The employee is regularly required to talk and listen. Frequent standing, walking, and reaching is also required.
Education and experience:
- Bachelor's degree in HR or related field (or any combination of education, training and/or experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the duties outlined above)
- At least two years of work experience in Human Resources or a closely related field
- Prior experience with ADP Workforce Now or other HRIS system preferred
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO's 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, paid maternity/parental leave, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top