Entry-Level Electrical Engineer
After on-site training, our Entry-Level Electrical Engineer will be responsible for detailed design of mid voltage distribution projects up to and including 34kV. Candidate will interface closely with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects. Distribution projects may include but will not be limited to 4 to 12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grid, cable, and conduit design.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Incumbents are expected to work to develop advanced skills, and work both independently and within a team.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree
- Understanding of power engineering theories and principles
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- CAD software knowledge a plus
- Understanding of building design, power generation plants, and/or utility systems
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Quantitative and analytical skill set
- 1-3 years of relevant experience
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Chicago, IL
- Possess a valid USA Driver’s License
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a W/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland area. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience, combined. We have our WBDC & CMSDC certifications as well as our professional certifications through the State of Illinois. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Hear from Shrutika, a Junior Electrical Engineer at KDM Engineering:
Back to top