Entry-Level Electrical Engineer
- Chicago, IL
After on-site training, our Entry-Level Electrical Engineer will be responsible for detailed design of mid voltage distribution projects up to and including 34kV. Candidate will interface closely with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects. Distribution projects may include but will not be limited to 4 to 12kV conversions, Overhead to Underground conversions, smart grid, cable, and conduit design.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with other engineering and design team members to coordinate overall design basis, providing direction and guidance to drafters and designers, directing the flow of drafting and designer duties, insuring design schedules are met, including regularly providing project status updates to project engineer. Incumbents are expected to work to develop advanced skills, and work both independently and within a team.
- BS Electrical Engineering degree
- Understanding of power engineering theories and principles
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- CAD software knowledge a plus
- Understanding of building design, power generation plants, and/or utility systems
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Quantitative and analytical skill set
- 0-3 years of relevant experience
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Chicago, IL
- Possess a valid USA Driver’s License
- Must be willing to comply with all pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, education and employment verification and background screening
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S.
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO’s 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
Full List of Benefits:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plans (dental, medical & vision)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Ventra Transit Program
- Year-End Performance Bonuses
- One Location
- Available to Full-Time Employees Only
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top