Entry-Level Civil Engineer
Under close supervision, the Entry-Level Civil Engineer will be responsible for performing routine engineering assignments that require initiative, creativity, knowledge, and application of basic engineering principles. Furthermore, the entry level civil engineer will apply knowledge of engineering principles to prescribed techniques and procedures to complete project assignments on a timely basis. The ideal candidate for this position will have the ability to work in a timely, accurate, and cost-effective manner with strong attention to detail.
- Performs routine engineering work while developing professional proficiency in design and analytic skills.
- Collects, analyzes, and manages data for engineering tasks.
- Prepare engineering related calculations following standard methods and principles.
- Administer proper judgement limited to developing details of work in making preliminary selections and adaptations of engineering alternatives.
- Develops engineering designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, and final work drawings under the supervision of a licensed and/or registered professional engineer.
- Uses computer software as a tool for solving basic engineering problems.
- Great attention to detail when preparing accurate plans, reports, and computations.
- On design assignments, works to clearly illustrate the design intent through engineering drawings and specifications.
- Ability to survey topography for project designs.
- Able to work in adverse weather conditions.
- Works under supervision of a licensed and/or registered professional engineer.
- Bachelor's degree in civil engineering
- Successful completion of FE/EIT strongly preferred or able to obtain within 6 months.
- CAD/Microstation software knowledge a plus
- Ability to use Microsoft Office programs proficiently
- Understanding of civil engineering theories and principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking skills with the ability to prioritize projects
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimum mistakes
- Demonstrates willingness to accept new challenges and responsibilities
- Self-motivated to learn and improve as an individual
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, background check, and MVR check.
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago's Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO's 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays, paid maternity and parental leave, great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top