Electrical Engineer II
- Chicago, IL
Responsible for design development, equipment layouts, construction drawings and bill of materials for projects involving the installation of new utility infrastructure and modifications to existing utility infrastructure, on Client's distribution system. Provides in-progress design coordination with construction crew, clients, and internal and external customers to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BS Electrical Engineering
- Understanding of power distribution systems.
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
- Quantitative and analytical skill set
- Must be able to interpret and analyze customer's electrical, architectural, and structural drawings, one-line diagram and load letters.
- Ability to multi task and adapt to changing demands.
- Proficient in the use of all software needed to produce quality electrical design drawings such as Asset Suite 8 & Microsoft Office programs
- 3-4 years minimum of relevant experience preferred
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- Possess a valid USA Driver's License
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top