After on-site training, the Electrical Designer will be responsible for detailed designs for addition of telecommunication equipment on utility owned poles and mid voltage distribution projects up to and including 34kV. Utility standards and specifications will be provided and must be followed. Candidate will interface with client and utilize company, OSHA, and IEEE standards to facilitate design projects.
Candidate will be responsible for working closely with electrical engineers and design team members to coordinate overall design, provide direction and guidance to drafters, and ensure design schedules are met. Designer is to regularly provide project status updates to their manager. Designers are expected to work both independently and within a team. Must balance traveling to local job sites as well as in office duties.
Tasks include but are not limited to:
- Using proprietary programs to design as well as do data entry and document control
- Conducting field site visits to gather data required for projects
- Use Google Earth, Microsoft Outlook and office
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
- Associates degree in Electrical Engineering or 7+ years of experience as an electrical designer
- Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations
- Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Quantitative and analytical skill set
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification, and background check.
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required.
- Must be willing to work out of an office in Chicago, IL
- Possess a valid USA Driver's License
- CAD software knowledge a plus but not required
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top