- Philadelphia, PA
KDM Engineering is seeking a self-motivated drafter who will prepare clear, complete, and accurate detailed drawings from field sketches, original drawings or satellite images, mark-ups, existing as-builts, site maps, photos, and field notes using MicroStation CAD software.
Under general supervision a drafter will be preparing design drawings using MicroStation. The drafter will produce various types of drawings that include site plans, overhead and underground cable runs, equipment layouts and details, and elevation views of site/equipment. It is expected that the drafter will complete drawing packages in a timely manner while maintaining a high level of quality, accuracy, and professionalism, and acute attention to detail. The drafter is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications and needs to be capable of completing a project from start to finish with little to no assistance.
Minimum 1-2 years of experience in MicroStation
- Basic design knowledge of electric distribution and utility engineering is a plus
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in written form
- Comfortable in a self-directed environment
- Detail oriented, organized, able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to pass a standard background check and drug test
- Be a self-starter, ability to perform duties with limited supervision and be a cooperative team player.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology is preferred.
- Ability to perform civil design drafting in a 3D environment is a plus
- Knowledge of a GIS platform is a plus
- MicroStation is the current platform used, but AutoCAD experience will be considered.
- Analyze client requests/engineering sketches
- Understand the use of Adobe Acrobat (pdf files), digital photographs (jpeg files), Google Earth, Microsoft Office products and internet search engines
- Scale engineering drawings using MicroStation.
- Calculating lay outs of right-of-way and/or street dimensions and angles
- Creating preliminary and/or final version of proposed drawings
- Modifying drawings as directed by engineering staff
- Creating as-built drawings upon completion of project
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago’s Best and Brightest Companies To Work For four years in a row and was one of WPO’s 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive Base Salary
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
- Company Paid Holidays
- Great Work Life Balance
- Fun and Flexible Work Environment
- Organization with People First Mentality
- Dynamic Leadership Team
Full List of Benefits:
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Comprehensive Health Insurance plans (dental, medical & vision)
- Life Insurance
- STD & LTD Insurance
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules
- Paid Time Off
- Parental and Maternity Leave
- Professional Development Assistance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Year-End Performance Bonuses
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top