KDM Engineering is seeking a self-motivated drafter who will prepare clear, complete and accurate detailed drawings using AutoCAD from field sketches, original drawings or satellite images, mark-ups, existing as-builts, site maps, photos, and field notes. Under general supervision, a
drafter will be designing drawings using AutoCAD. It is expected that the drafter will complete drawing packages in a timely manner while maintaining
a high level of quality, accuracy, and professionalism, and acute attention to detail. The drafter is responsible for understanding and completing drawings in accordance with client specifications and needs to be capable of completing a project from start to finish with little to no assistance.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in AutoCAD
- Basic design knowledge of electrical utility and engineering
- Ability to communicate effectively and clearly, both verbally and in written form
- Comfortable in a self-directed environment
- Detail oriented, organized, able to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to pass a standard background check and drug test
- Be a self-starter, ability to perform duties with limited supervision and be a cooperative team player.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities
- An Associate of Applied Science degree (AAS) in Design and Drafting Technology is a plus
- Knowledge of a GIS platform and Microstation are a plus
- Analyze client requests/engineering sketches
- Understand the use of Adobe Acrobat (pdf files), digital photographs (jpeg files), google earth, Microsoft Office products and internet search engines
- Scale engineering drawings using AutoCAD
- Creating preliminary and/or final sketch of proposed drawings
- Modifying drawings as directed by engineer/manager
- Creating as-build drawings upon completion of project
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as necessary
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland and Baltimore areas. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top