Distribution Project Manager
The Distribution Project Manager position is an extenuation of the Project Engineer position. There is also a higher element of quality assurance and organization of multiple tasks, personnel, and client interactions. The Distribution Project Manager manages multiple smaller projects or a large, “complex” project and employees.
- Leads the design on large/complex projects
- Assists the Group Manager or BUM in the preparation of scoping documents and fees
- Prepares Project plan and design input documentation
- Prepares and reviews / supervises calculations, drawings, specifications
- Performs condition assessments and feasibility studies
- Represents discipline at client meetings
- Maintains project documentation, including calculation, project filing, etc.
- Prepares and presents conceptual / schematic designs
- Resolves RFI’s
- Manages discipline budget, scope and quality improvement / review process
- Develops discipline work plan
- Prepares discipline design basis
- Performs Quality Reviews
- Assists in proposal preparation and marketing efforts
- Monitors /resolves technical issues and manages the budgeting, scheduling and scoping tasks on multiple, complex projects with minimal supervision
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to learn KDM’s Quality Management System and departmental processes
- Ability to gain knowledge of KDM's project financial management tools and monitoring system
- Advanced Knowledge of industry standard practices
- Working knowledge of CAD methods & procedures
- Skilled in MS Office and MS Project
- Advanced Delegation / mentoring / team skills
- Advanced presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Working knowledge of Discipline-specific calculation software tools
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of overall design process – ability to manage discipline such that it incorporates the requirements of other design disciplines
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering required. Minimum 5 years of experience with at least 2 years of relevant Project Engineer experience. PE preferred, but not required.
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland area. Our core staff has a wealth of design and project management experience. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plans with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top