Distribution Engineer (Mid-Level-Feasibility study experience)
Responsible for design development, equipment layouts, construction drawings and bill of materials for large projects involving the installation of new utility infrastructure and modifications to existing utility infrastructure on Client distribution system. Provides in-progress design coordination with construction crew, clients, and internal and external customers to ensure that production is completed in a timely manner. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the Engineering field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
Required Skills and Experience:
• BS Electrical Engineering degree
• Understanding of power engineering theories and principles
• Understanding of practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing recommendations
• Ability to deal with a variety of individuals from various socio-economic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds
• Good written and oral communication skills
• CAD software knowledge a plus
• Understanding of power distribution systems.
• Ability to understand complex initiatives across multiple teams/platforms
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Quantitative and analytical skill set
• Must be able to interpret and analyze customer's electrical, architectural, and structural drawings, one line diagram and load letters.
• Ability to multi task and adapt to changing demands.
• Proficient in the use of all software needed to produce quality electrical design drawings such as AutoCAD, TED, Microsoft Office programs
• Feasibility study experience required
• 5-7 years of relevant experience
• Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited to, drug testing, reference verification and background check
• Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
• Possess a valid USA Driver’s License
• 50% Travel required (22 weeks)
• 4/10 work schedule (Monday-Thursday)
About KDM Engineering:
KDM Engineering is a W/MBE engineering consulting firm specializing in primary distribution design in the Chicagoland area. Our core staff has over 25 years of design and project management experience, combined. We have our WBDC & CMSDC certifications as well as our professional certifications through the State of Illinois. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service.
If the above description sounds like you and fits your background, we invite you to apply to join KDM Engineering today! We’d love to meet you!
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
• Competitive base salary
• Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
• 401(k) plan with substantial company match
• PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
• Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
• Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Meet Some of KDM Engineering's Employees
Sankesh works on projects related to the field of distribution engineering. These projects are primarily aimed at improving the reliability and performance of the distribution system.
Back to top