- Philadelphia, PA
KDM Engineering is searching for a Utility Distribution Designer to perform detailed designs of overhead and /or underground electric, telecommunication, and gas utility systems. This work includes the preparation of field notes, drawings, specifications, and estimates for review and approval by the Senior Design staff, client Design staff, and engineers.
- Design and prepare independently, construction documents related to overhead, underground facilities associated with electric distribution systems and telecommunication networks and infrastructure following client standards, guides, specifications, and procedures.
- Contact landowners and/or their agents, to obtain appropriate permissions and approvals for new utility infrastructure to be installed
- Apply the client's standards, guidelines, specifications, practices and procedures or appropriate industry standards in preparing layouts of overhead and/or underground electric distribution facilities and telecommunication facilities.
- Prepare design sketches, cost estimates, bill of materials and any other required documents and reports for construction and maintenance projects.
- Prepare and submit required reports and correspondence.
- Utilize client and Company information systems to track and update design activities.
- Have a working knowledge of the practices and procedures pertaining to technical matters in electric distribution design.
Desired Skills and Experience:
Electric Distribution Design
- Electrical Engineering
- PECO experience
- Work Management Systems (Asset Suite 8, WMIS, Passport)
- MicroStation or AutoCAD
- Rights of Way, easements, and Permitting
- Pole Loading/Conductor Sag analysis (Pole foreman/O-Calc/SpidaCalc)
- Preparation of cost estimates, specifications, evaluations, and requisitions.
- Perform distribution system design calculations.
- Coordinate design deliverables to meet project schedules.
- Acquire field data necessary to prepare the appropriate design
- NESC clearance and loading specifications
- Plan and Profile Design
- 2+ years' experience in Utility Design & underground cable and Conduit experience.
- Ability to handle contacts with clients and other agencies in connection with project design responsibilities.
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Familiarity with basic computer software and operating systems.
About KDM Engineering, PLLC:
KDM Engineering is a WBE/MBE/DBE engineering firm, focusing on power delivery, gas distribution, and telecommunications design in the Chicagoland & Mid-Atlantic areas. Our aim is to provide our clients with excellent project support, a high attention to detail, and great customer service. KDM has been named one of Chicago's Best & Brightest Companies to Work for fours years in a row and was one of WPO's 50 Fastest Growing Women-Owned/Led Companies in 2019.
Benefits & Top Reasons to Work for Us:
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans
- 401(k) plan with substantial company match
- PTO, company paid holidays and great work/life balance
- Fun and Flexible work environment that puts people first
- Dynamic leadership team that are experts in their field
Equal Employment Opportunity:
KDM Engineering strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
Back to top